Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Is the first year of marriage supposed to be this hard?

It’s a cliche thing to say, but what if it becomes too hard? We are 7 months in and have had terrible nasty fights. At times we are the most miserable we have ever been. We have both filled out divorce papers during fights in attempt to threaten the other with leaving, just never submitted them. Except when we aren’t fighting, things are absolutely wonderful and we make each other happier than we’ve ever been.

1 Answer

RedCraneConsulting said on
Hi there,

May I ask please if you think you have had the same or worse level of fighting since you got married? I'm trying to establish if this has been an ongoing thing for you both or that the changes of been married has had some affect and you two are still working through this transition. Many believe that getting married does not mean much to a relationship; in what ways do you think it has? Some feedback would be appreciated.

How do you think things have changed and are you two fighting over things that didn't exist in the past?

dedra110 said on Jan 12

Thank you for getting back to me.

I do believe that marriage magnified our fighting and trust issues. At times it’s completely done for, but others we are so in love we can’t imagine life without each other. I would say I had set high standards for “my husband” to fill, rather than just “my boyfriend”. He doesn’t seem to agree with those standards.

So I’m just unsure if I’ll ever be able to cope with that.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer