Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I’m in need of a break from my husband!

We’ve been in this marriage since high school and now we’re 32 years old. I feel like I’ve neglected myself to this one man all my life. I have never experienced life with anyone else and feel like I have restricted myself. I can never say I have experienced life as a single woman or lived my life outside of a married woman. Am I being selfish to want a break from my husband?

Answers (4)

raoul54 said on
You have to ask yourself, what is it that you want out of life? Before you can question whether you are being selfish, you have to know what really want in life.
patrick.kei said on
First of all, are you still in love with your husband? Are you asking for a break to let your hair with the girls or are you saying that you want a divorce? I think you are extremely confused. After reading your post, I was a little confused with the message that you are sending. We all get bored in our marriage with kids, family, work, and school. Often times, we forget about the other person in the marriage and definitely ourselves. My husband and I agreed to devote one week of the year for each of us to get away with a few friends. He goes his way and I go mines. At the end of the day, it makes us want each other more.
will.wills2076 said on

My wife and I went through a rough patch in our marriage. We decided to take a break from each other for a few months. I moved out and rented a small apartment on the other side of town. It was the worst mistake of my life. Really thinking back, it wasn’t that we had fallen apart. The truth is I was being selfish. I blamed my wife, children, and work for my short-comings. They weren’t my problem or the problem, my lack of effort and appreciation for my life was the problem. I thought I could go out and find another woman to make me as happy as she did. For months I searched, though all I created was another headache and my wife filing for divorce.

Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer