Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How should I move on after a bitter divorce?

Our marriage survived for just 2 years. Life was smooth initially but later conflicts and physical abuse came into the picture. I didn’t know that the person I trust a lot could be this bizarre. I recently had my divorce. I’m feeling better now but couldn’t overcome with the horrible experiences I faced. What should I do to deal with the end of my marriage? Suggest me something, please.

Answers (7)

Carol Royce said on
The fate of your relationship should not be what defines you throughout your life.

A bitter ending does not mean you do not have a shot at happiness again. Life has a way of working itself out. Be positive, look forward to a brighter future and follow these tips to restructuring your life and reviving your happiness.

1. Seek therapy to help you make a fresh start

Don’t carry the old baggage with you anymore. If old memories badgering you in the present, don’t wait, seek an advice from a counselor or a therapist and travel light!

A therapist will help you revise your perspective on life and move on. You will be better equipped to start afresh on a clean slate and build new memories that you will cherish life-long.

1. Take a break, travel

Post-divorce is the best time to take a break from your mundane life. And, there is no better way than to travel. It’s a good way to distract yourself from the negativities. Travel to your favourite destination and enjoy a liberated you, relishing an experiential learning in form of different cuisines, places, culture and different people.
2. Pursue new hobbies and build a new skill set:

Engage yourself in new activities. Start building new skills and exploring your hidden, latent talent to build a more secure future. Enrol in cost-effective, value-driven online courses, catch up on reading, maintain a journal - all of this will have deep, therapeutic effect on you and aid in the recovery from the trauma of a bitter divorce.

Also, pursue a hobby or an active sport to experience a healthy rush of happy hormones, stronger and happier you.

3. Surround yourself with your loved ones

Spend more time in the company of loved ones. Seek happiness and positive change that can help you overcome any grief, fear or mental trauma. Engage in healthy, meaningful conversations, hang out for quick lunches, laid back dinners, house parties and an occasional drink.

Reach out to your good friends, communicate with them and do what makes you the happiest.
This will create more positivity around you and help you in getting more optimistic about life.  
Karrentor said on
Our marriage was on the rocks for infidelity, and we had allowed our marriage to hit rock bottom due to neglect and lack of respect. We had spent thousands of dollars on therapy and our marriage had still not improved. Out of desperation to not destroy the lives of our 3 precious boys we came to marvelspelltemple@gmail. com. We went through a challenging Doctor Muna Spell that taught us strategies to learn to forgive, to communicate and work on the hard stuff. We left our past Issues with the grace of forgiveness. We walked away with a renewed commitment to our marriage And Doctor Muna has been so helpful Text or call him now +2348071660388
Alice said on
Life after separation will be harrowing, and one has to go through many changes. It's tough to face the changes happening at home and in the social circle. Here are some of the tips that could be useful for you to build up your social life again.

1. Take your time :
Looking forward to the reclaiming of your social life does not happen in an overnight. Take time to heal after divorce. This will help you to start a new social life. If you don't give time yourself for healing, then it will have a severe impact on your social life. Let your emotions come out by talking to your close friends or take the help of a professional therapist. Make yourself to work through the feelings healthily. Once you have got confidence that you are prepared, then you can restart your social life.

2. Accept and Believe the changes :
After your separation would be many changes happening around you. Friends change, and you might keep only some real friends. Accept the fact that only some friends will be with you forever. Do not worry about the friends who have left you. Try to make new friends and new relationships.

3. Keep your focus on your children and yourself :
After separation, the only thing you have is your children. Your children should be your first and foremost preference. When you take any decision regarding your social life, it affects you and your children also. Think about children and their needs. Be careful while making decisions regarding dating and entering into a new relationship again. Consult a Professional Family Lawyer to make your divorce process easy and simple.

Allsinglesandmarried said on
So many times after break up or divorce it will look as if our life has become useless or meaningless. Yes is not easy to forget the memories shared together when the Marriage Relationship was going well but with these tips you can deal with it. Every Marriage or Relationship faces challenge but the ones that couldn't deal with it regarding the fact that so many efforts has been made but there's no positive results will then decide to allow it crash. After break up with your partner, you can still move on, you can still be loved. By following these tips you will overcome the truama of breaking up in your Marriage Relationships. You will be happy and will also be able to move on to meet with someone special. https://allsinglesandmarried.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-best-things-to-do-after-break-up-or.html?m=1
CarsonJ said on
Just move forward!
You have to do everything that best for you.But if you
will live in your past you wouldn't be happy in a very long time!
Ruds123 said on
These guys helped me and were fantastic.. Give em a try.. http://q.gs/Eur08
Allsinglesandmarried said on
THE BEST WAY TO REKINDLE A BROKEN MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIP If you want to fix a broken Marriage or Relationship, wether it's a recent romance or a long distance relationship, you need some emotional kindling. Taking the following steps can bring a tremendous changes and can also help you learn how to achieve rekindled love. 1) Use your Relationship polarity to your advantage. Having things in common with your partner is wonderful, but it's also true that opposite attract. This principle is called the law of polarity. Thinking back to when you guys first met, things were easy and were also going smooth between the both of you and the physical chemistry proved your instant attraction. As you work towards how to rekindle your Relationship, remember to nurture your own natural energy and confidence, your partner was attracted to you in your natural state. Your natural energy and that of your partner works together to create the Relationship chemistry you are experiencing or wished to experience in your Relationship with him or her. When working together in a natural balanced way, none of you suppress your true self and you can be happy together as you are. 2) Be physical so the intimacy can grow. When time is tough and we are looking for how we can rekindle a relationship, many people face the trouble of being physical with their Partner. If you find yourself being less physical with your partner just to push the person away from your side, you have to immediately fix it because it's negatively affecting the health of your relationship. Fixing a broken Relationship is impossible when one or both of you are not ready to show physical affection. 3) Give the Relationship your best efforts. When you and your partner were just starting, you wanted to show the very best side of.... https://allsinglesandmarried.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-best-way-to-rekindle-broken.html?m=1
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer