Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

She wants a baby but I am not yet ready to be a father..

My wife has been wanting to have a baby for quite a while now.
She keeps asking when we’ll have our own kid.
She seems really excited to be a mother but the thing is that I am not ready to be a father.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love her and I would really love to have a kid run around inside the house but I just am not yet ready to play the role.
I am still super stressed at work especially with my current clients who are Colombian women and are very strict when it comes to details on the plan.
I just can’t have a baby right now.
I don’t know how to tell her this because I know it will hurt her feelings.

1 Answers

Roeshell Answered:

Hi!

I hope you are fine!

I understand the fact that work sometimes becomes a major constraint in one's married life. But, one has to learn how to deal with it.  I am glad to know that you love your wife dearly and also wish to have a baby around. Good to know this!

Do not over think. Stay calm and take your decision wisely.

I believe, turning into parents is a major responsibility in itself, it's a major decision and should only be taken if both the partners are not ready and prepared for it. You mentioned above that your work pressure is one of the reasons for not planning to extend your family, In such case, you must discuss this with your wife. Talk to her, make her realize your side of the story and see how she reacts.

Denying her openly would sound a little rude, so it would be great if you can discuss this politely and plan for a suitable year/month or date when you ready to take this decision further.

Moreover, it would be great if you could keep your professional life and married life separately. Avoid making your decisions based on how your professional life is. Today or tomorrow you have to deal with both together, its better to now focus on keeping them as two different entities and learn to deal with it. It will help you a lot today and future as well.

I hope things fall into the place soon!

Good Luck!  Good Luck!

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...