Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

How to tell my parents I'm pregnant?

It’s been a year already since I graduated from college.
I got a nice job with a decent pay, and a responsible boyfriend who’s been with me for 3 years now.
We are already engaged and set to tie the know in three months time, but just recently I found out that I am pregnant.
I know I should be happy but the thought of my parents’ principles about not getting pregnant before marriage scares me.
I already talked to my boyfriend about this but he can’t be with me until next month since he is in a foreign country for a job-related vacation.
What should I do? Should I tell my parents myself? And how should I do it?

1 Answers

Roeshell Answered:

Hello,

I hope you are well in health.

I first suggest you stay calm and relax because this is the only way you can think peacefully.

Also, the situation sounds very intense and so your decision should be very thoughtful and fair.

I believe, your parents and your boyfriend are the two important identities to seek the help of.

But primarily, it is very important to understand the opinion of your boyfriend about raising a child. Try to know what he thinks about your pregnancy. His decision and involvement in this matter are the important things to acknowledge.

If he is ready to take the due responsibility of a father, you must disclose this news with your family, making them believe about how prepared you are for turning into parents.

On the other side, if you are still skeptical about your boyfriend for accepting the uncertain responsibilities to come, you have no other option to reveal the situation with your parents.

In either way, you have to disclose this news to your family. So, at least, bring this matter into their knowledge.

And believe me, your parents will certainly support you. Be open to them, share your side of the story and try to convince them if you and your boyfriend are serious about taking this responsibility.

Moreover, you can also seek the help of a counselor to arrive at an effective solution to this problem.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...