Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How to tell my fiance his parents are overbearing?

Long story short, he proposed to me after our college graduation and I said yes. We decided to get married in his hometown, so we flew over to the Philippines last month. His family is great, his friends and I have a great time together, and I’m really loving the weather over here. However, his parents are too overbearing. They have an obvious dislike for me and they express it by saying things like, “Women from USA are loose and uncultured”.
How do I tell my fiance how I feel without hurting his feelings? I don’t want to alienate him from me, especially since we’ve been talking about settling down here instead.  

1 Answer

tiredaf said on
At this point when disrespected blatenly like that, I would just come out and tell him how you feel. Has he heard them say these things? If so he too is disrespecting you by not calling out his parents on this. Dont settle for less than what you deserve. By doing that, you are also disrespecting yourself. It sounds like they like the gaslighting technique. Best of luck. Please feel free to give me so.e advice on my question as well. Thanks
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer