Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

I'm ready to be a parent, she's not. What to do?

My girlfriend and I have only been together for 2 years, but I’m ready to be a parent.
I just feel like it’s time to have that kind of experience, you know? I don’t really see a problem with it and it just feels like the most natural next step we should take.
I mean we’re both in our late 20s, we both have jobs and enough savings, plus we’re madly in love.
For some reason, she just doesn’t seem to want children.
Does it have something to do with how Colombian women are raised? Maybe she wants to get married first, but we were never the most traditional couple.
How do I open up the topic with her without getting a negative response? I realize it’s a sensitive topic for her, but I really feel like having a kid together is the next best thing to do.
Please give me some advice!  

1 Answers

Roeshell Answered:

Hey

It’s good to know that you guys are equally in love and focused on your work life. But to a sensitive issue like Parenting, you must give a thorough thought and a healthy discussion. It's a big responsibility. It's not at all an overnight decision.

As responsible as you are, your girlfriend too has to assume a huge part of the responsibility that comes with this decision. Note that there has to be an approval of both. It's a two-sided process. You must discuss it with her at first. Apparently, I think, marriage could be an issue. Just because you haven't got married yet, this could be a very strong reason for her not being comfortable with having kids at this moment.

Please, patiently sit together and discuss it. You guys definitely will come out with a good solution as I can sense that you understand each other well. And, will respect each other's decision about this issue.

Else, if this doesn’t work, consult a therapist. She might be worried about the health consequences she has to bear due to pregnancy. But, a healthy discussion with each other could be a good solution for this issue.

Take care.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...