Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

I have been with my boyfriend for about a year & a half now, & our relationship is great. However, when we hit about the 7 month mark things got really shaky. He ended up breaking up with me, & his reasoning was because his parents were having issues & it was really effecting him & he didn’t feel like he could give me the attention I deserved. So, I gave him space. We ended up getting back together a week later. A couple weeks after that I found out that he was liking other girls pictures on social media still (even after we were back together). I confronted him immediately, & he confessed & didn’t even try coming up with an excuse. He knew he was wrong. He hasn’t liked another girls picture that I know of since then, but I’m still not over it. Advice?

I have been with my boyfriend for about a year & a half now, & our relationship is great. However, when we hit about the 7 month mark things got really shaky. He ended up breaking up with me, & his reasoning was because his parents were having issues & it was really effecting him & he didn’t feel like he could give me the attention I deserved. So, I gave him space. We ended up getting back together a week later. A couple weeks after that I found out that he was liking other girls pictures on social media still (even after we were back together). I confronted him immediately, & he confessed & didn’t even try coming up with an excuse. He knew he was wrong. He hasn’t liked another girls picture that I know of since then, but I’m still not over it. Advice?

1 Answers

Roeshell Answered:

Hey,

First of all, I would like to tell you that things will turn worse if you interfere in his social life. It's fine if he is liking pictures, everybody does that. It's natural. You must extend a respectable amount of space to his social interaction choices.

But you can keep an eye on such activities so that you don't come across any unpleasant secrets. Since you said that you broke up and are back again in a relationship. It shows that you both love each other. It's a positive signal that when you discuss the matter of being affected by her particular social activity (liking other girls pictures on social media), he tries to understand this fact and avoid repeating it. 

A reasonable monitoring is totally permissible. Make him realize that it disturbs you and affects you badly. But, do this calmly, politely so that he won't feel as if you are restricting him to use his social handles.

"A HEALTHY CONVERSATION CAN CHANGE A LOT". Share your feelings with him, express yourself and make him realize his mistake.

Good Luck!

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...