Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

I had a relationship with my coworker which ended in a bad note and now we have to work together. It’s difficult to see an eye to eye with each other. I don’t want to make a switch. How should i cope?

2 Answers

AnanthiM Answered:

You need to talk about this in personal itself. Like whatever happened and we end up in a bad way. It wasn't intentionally I think we should keep this professional work. Just say I am sorry. 

Louis-Krohn Answered:

It’s really an eerie feeling to work with someone you had a relationship that ended in a bad note. Office breakups are tougher than normal breakups and things get bit awkward after a sudden breakup with your partner.

But, switching your job is not a good option and you should not put your career at stake for the sake of your bad relationship. I know it’s not an easy task to work with your ex after a breakup but you should try to reduce the discomfort and tension to maintain a healthy professional relationship.

First of all, you should try to keep your personal matters outside the workplace and the negativity of your relationship should not affect your professional reputation. The second thing which you can do is limiting your interaction with your ex. It doesn’t mean you need to avoid important meetings or conferences just to stay away from your ex.

And if you can’t get rid of the memories of your ex, then you should leave that workplace and move to a new city. Start a new journey of your life and career.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...