Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

I have recently had a divorce and now I have inhibitions meeting and trusting members of opposite gender. Please help.

I have recently had a divorce and now I have inhibitions meeting and trusting members of opposite gender. Please help.

2 Answers

Sapna1 Answered:

This inhibition is what you need most at this time. You are vulnerable and in need of a close confidante. You are hurt and in need of lot of love. The possibility for you to fall for the first guy that gives you a patient hearing is very high. He may not essentially be the best one for you though.   While you are waiting for your trust to return, it is a great idea to work on yourself. Understand why did you get in the previous situation, what are your vulnerabilities, why couldn't you stand up for yourself, what are your fears and why were you taken advantage of. Mostly you will see the need of loving and respecting yourself first. Work on it. If needed work with the help of a counselor who can help you to get in touch with yourself. Once you reach there your inhibitions and fears would automatically disappear and you would be able to attract the right person.  

Louis-Krohn Answered:

I would suggest you to take your time. It is better for you, as of right now, to get together with your closest friends and focus on moving on and re-establishing yourself. It’s not like the opposite gender is going anywhere.

Advise your friends to not try to get you a date because you are in a vulnerable situation. Try to find an activity that distracts you and takes your mind away from the divorce you just went through. I’m sure that after a few months you yourself will feel like associating with the opposite gender.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...