Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

She wants me to sign a prenuptial agreement.

I am about to marry a rich American woman.
I admit, it is quite overwhelming how much wealth she has.
I guess I just got lucky on that day I met her.
For the record, I do not live in the US; I am from a foreign land and I just lived there for a short time when I met her.
I came up to her and talked to her for a while.
Gladly, she was friendly enough to talk to me and that started everything.
We hang out and eventually, I asked her out on a date which she gladly approved.
We dated for two years and that’s when I finally decided it was time to tie the knot.
I proposed for marriage and she held out her hand for me to slip the ring.
After our first date as fiances, she invited me to her house.
I thought we were just going to her condominium unit where we usually go when she says “my house.
” I was surprised when we actually arrived at this big house and she tells me she actually lives there.
Yup, I was just mind blown.
As we went inside, I was greeted by her parents and a lawyer who is holding out a paper for me to sign.
Yup, I was mind blown, again.
It was a prenuptial agreement.
Wait, what? It was stated that whatever happens to our marriage in the future, I won’t have anything to do with their wealth.
I stormed out of the house, of course.
Seriously, is this what women from USA think of foreign men? Enlighten me, please?

1 Answers

Kwaps2017 Answered:

It's a hard one, she's obviously protective hence why she never took you to the real house. I would say don;t get married and build the trust. I signed a prenup by force and it was completely unfair how it all happened and to this day i still resent my husband for his lack of trust in me.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...