Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

How do I tell her she needs to mature?

I’ve been having constant arguments with my girlfriend recently.
She keeps on ranting about her finances, her work, and her family but when I give her advice, she would always feel bad.
She thinks I’m always rationalizing her situation but I think she’s just being immature about it.
For her current situation, I would even say that she’s privileged enough.
She works for herself.
Her parents don’t ask money from her.
In fact, they’re the ones giving her money.
Her office is a bit stressful, I can say, but overall she’s pretty lucky than other Peru ladies.
She really needs to stop her constant complaints for little things like not getting the latest shoes or her mom preparing fish instead of meat.
How do I tell her that she needs to be mature without insulting her? 

1 Answers

David Dawson Answered:

You guys need to work on your communication skills! You need to be able to tell her openly and honestly how you're feeling about your relationship.
There is an interesting article all about 5 activities to try to boost communication in your relationship. I think you would really benefit from having a read.
At the same time, maybe stop giving her solutions for some time. Ask her in detail about how she is feeling. It seems like there is an underlying reason for her acting dissatisfied with her life this way. There could be something else bothering her.
Managing stress is not easy and sometimes it starts affecting every area of your life. At the same time, it’s possible to have quality life while working in a stressful environment. Maybe she needs a break from all of this. You can’t really be sure unless you ask her.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...