Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

Should I marry my gf who is pregnant with my child?

I got my girlfriend pregnant.
She’s 6 months pregnant now and her family is wondering if we are planning to get married.
I’m not yet that ready to get married anytime soon.
Should I marry her? I am not going to run away from my obligation and responsibilities as the father of my child but I’m wondering if there is really a need to get married these days.
I’m starting to think that marriage is quite useless but maybe this is just an unconventional view.
  My gf comes from a country where marriage is a big deal whereas I come from a country where it is more liberated and relaxed when it comes to marriage.
This results to a clash in our beliefs and culture.
I think I really need a foreign bride 101 lecture so I know what to expect if we do get married.
I’m quite confused as to what I should do next.
My life is a blur as of this moment and I need some words of wisdom.
I love my gf but the idea of marriage is just not appealing to me as of this moment.

1 Answers

David Dawson Answered:

In the end, marriage is about LOVE, not circumstances. If you don't love your girlfriend or legitimately see a future with her, then no. You should not marry her. What you should do is work on building a healthy relationship with her and finding ways to co-parent successfully, should your relationship ever come to an end.
There's an article called " Important Insights into When You Should Get Married " that seems to apply to your situation. I would give this article a look over.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...