Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

Being Childless and being the man in the relationship

Hello folks, I am a husband of 10 years and though getting married it was understood that my wife may not be able to give birth to our own kids, I have become depressed over the years about this.
 Ultimately, my wife is not the "mothering" type in the sense she's never really dreamed about being a mother when she was younger, nor the desire to be a mom.
 Adoption is not really on the table, because.
a) it's not financial fessible for us and.
b) my wife is not really interested I am trying not to think about divorcing my wife, but being now 38, I don't forsee it getting in better going forward.
 I'm becoming a little more less engaged with her as each year passes and want to start looking elsewhere at times.
 Relationships are so important and it seems that most people, including myself, are the kind that kids really are a big part of life.
 They're more important than your job, what you do on a daily basis, to the point that I've always wanted to be a father and will be sad to be an old man someday and have no family or kids to talk to or teach or have fun or just to have that special bond of parent and child.
Since this of course, has already been a topic with my wife off and on, it's to the point where it doesn't really matter to discuss it any further, because she doesn't want to talk about it anymore.
Any thoughts?  Thanks for the help.
  Sincerely, Sad Non Dad  

1 Answers

CindyBaker Answered:

How about sponsoring a child's education or getting associated with an NGO for children? It would be a fulfiling experience for you and you will be able to build a lasting bond with children who can really use your help. If you have a purpose in life, a childless marriage won't destroy your marriage. Since the discussion with your wife is no more an avenue for you, it's best you both work at spending time doing things you both enjoy and build an emotional intimacy with each other.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...