I am a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) and Registered Play Therapist (RPT). I obtained a Master’s Degree in Counseling with a concentration in Marriage & Family Therapy from San Diego State University.
I have extensive experience in individual therapy, play therapy, couples counseling, group therapy, and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
With over 13 years of experience, I am highly skilled in working with individuals, couples, children and families.
My specialties include:
- Military families
- Chronic Pain Management
- Grief, loss and bereavement
- Stress management
- Adjustment issues
- Parenting Skills
- Anger Management and
- Problem-Solving / Decision-Making skills
I have a keen interest in working with military families, and have received several awards from the United States Marine Corps for my contributions to military families.
As I saw a need for more high quality Online Therapy, I decided to pursue and attain the Board Certified TeleMental Health Provider designation.
I bring a wealth of clinical experience providing outpatient and Intensive In-Home Services to children and their families, especially as it relates to:
- Behavioral symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders and
- Major Depressive Disorder
I am additionally qualified in the following areas:
- CAPS (Clinician Administered PTSD Scale)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- System of Care (Child & Family Team meetings)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Circle of Security Early Intervention program
- Theraplay Level 2 trained
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (4-day Introductory Externship)
- The Gottman Method Level 1 trained
- Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator
Sarah Harris is also listed in Best Marriage Therapists in Wake Forest
Licensing & Certifications:
- License State: North Carolina
- License Number: 1542, received 2013
- LMFT-S, RPT, BC-TMH
Services Provided Via:
- Internet meeting
Working With Marriages for:
- 13 Year(s)
Free Phone Consultations?
Hourly Fees Range:
- $100 - $150