Younger Generation Losing Interest in Sex? Studies Suggests They Are!
It might sound unreal, but the younger generation is losing interest in having sex. In many recent types of research, it is proven that the younger generation isn’t passionate about having sex at such a young age.
A recent study conducted by researchers at Florida Atlantic University showed that 15% of children aged between 20-24 didn’t have sex partners.
One of the most famous research that has been done by Dr. Helen Fisher who is an anthropologist suggest why youngsters are not sleeping together,
Firstly it is seen that youngsters are more ambitious about their careers. And secondly, they are more careful about getting into a relationship.
It has been seen that the young people keep their career their first priority instead of love and sex. And they avoid having sex until they are ready to have a serious commitment.
In her study he has only explained the partners value in a relationship, many youngsters consider that they must prepare themselves in such a manner that they are able to give their partner respect, love and attention all at the same time, he also states that during sex a couple has a feeling of attachment, a feeling of closeness, which basically leads to a serious relationship.
Dr. Fisher stated that using online dating and social media had increased more in the youngsters, as they believed meeting or talking to more people would give them fewer chances of having sex.
Reasons why youngsters are not having sex:
- Nowadays youngsters feel that they are too young for all this, they consider that they aren’t ready for sex and perhaps believe that they have a lot in life to do, they have dreams they want to fulfill and goals they want to achieve.
- Youngsters lack in having sex because they have a fear of being judged by others, they don’t want to do something that their parents or family might not be ready to accept.
- Having sex at such a young age has certain issue especially chances of a girl being pregnant, yet they are prevention methods but not all youngsters are aware of them, and they might have to face pregnancy at a very young age, which would lead to turning from single to a family for which not everyone is ready at such a young age.
- Some young people believe that they are certain moral values and beliefs such as they consider keeping sex until marriage, they consider sex to be done only when they are in a legal relationship.
- Sex is said to be an intimacy activity that has a high level of attachment between the couple; there is concern that the partners might face pain and other complications if for some reason the relationship ends.
- While having sex some people consider to have some standards, they think about having sex with the right person, the right person can only be decided by individuals but in a certain relationship trust and respect is most important.
Taking a look at all the reasons why youngsters avoid having sex, we may see that they are quite mature enough to know that this isn’t the only thing in a relationship. A relationship is built on trust on respect on compromises on a very serious commitment where you value each other in every manner.
Young people consider that they must fulfill their dreams they must focus on their career, and they must become something before going into a serious relationship.
When a couple is seriously In love, they believe that they must keep their love pure and wait till marriage, looking at all the issues such as pregnancy and partners pain they tend to wait till marriage for such a big step in life.
They want to make sure that they don’t become so attached to someone that they become dependent because that would lead to pain and depression if for some reason the relationship ends. They want to live their life first in every way they could with all the freedom, and then think about being in a marriage relationship.
Want to have a happier, healthier marriage?
If you feel disconnected or frustrated about the state of your marriage but want to avoid separation and/or divorce, the marriage.com course meant for married couples is an excellent resource to help you overcome the most challenging aspects of being married.