How Is Early Death and Change in Habits After Divorce Related?
A divorce is a stressful event terminates a legal relationship by dissolving a marriage.
After a long time of research, science has proven that changes in habits after divorce can lead to early death by changing a person’s behavior and lifestyle. In the specific majority of divorced people tend to smoke and pay less attention to their physical activities such as a job.
Important research done by the University of Arizona has proved that unhealthy habits can cause death. They basically examined more than 6.5 million people in 11 different countries that consisted of approximately 755,000 divorced people and 160,00 deaths, and all this data was gathered by 32 studies.
The research contained the following information:
- The death rate of men is higher than women, maybe because they are less expressive and they don’t talk much about their divorce, and they think smoking would help they get some relief
- People younger than 65 years of age are likely to face deaths after divorce.
- Research has shown that there are common characteristics that can cause both divorce and death such as bitterness in behavior, depression, smoking and taking illegal drugs.
- Divorce leads to death because it has a huge effect on the financial status of an individual, whether husband or wife. One of them might have to face financial issues that lead to health problems.
- Divorce also causes a disturbance in social ties; whether a divorced husband or wife both face the same problem, they are unable to talk to the people around them, which certainly shows that a weak social relationship leads to unhealthy habits.
- After divorce both eating and sleeping habits are disturbed.
How divorce affects your health
- Anxiety level increases: It is stated that any big event or any big tragedy in your life can increase your anxiety level, and to prevent it you should consult a doctor.
- Depression: During a study, approximately 60 people faced a depression stroke after divorce, usually men because they don’t know how to handle all the pain; usually they lead to smoking and taking illegal drugs.
- Lack of sleep: Multiple types of research have been done on how sleep and divorce are interrelated; a study has proven that after a divorce lack of sleep and eating disorders occurs. It is stated that a study has proven that lack of sleep for a long time can also be because of blood pressure issues.
- Risks of having a heart attack: It is said that women are affected more by divorce in this case; they tend to face more health problems that increase the risk of having a heart stroke.
- Unhappiness: Divorce leads to a person being unhappy, he/she might miss their spouse, and this would make them stay isolated and lead to health issues.
Divorce is rampant because people aren’t trying hard enough
Nowadays divorce rate has increased, and it has been so common, people are dissolving their marriages just because they are unable to coordinate with each other, and many types of research have been done on this as well, and it has been proved that divorce has many side effects.
And the major side effect is health problems, when a couple gets separated they don’t see the long-term effects, at that time they act just try ending their relationship, in some case where there are children even the couple don’t consider giving the relationship another chance to work out, not for themselves but for at least the children.
Turns out divorce prevention is good for health!
Partners living together play an important role in a better lifestyle and better health condition, when a marriage works out both partners are happy and their health conditions are good.
But as soon as they get separated, usually men and women both isolate themselves because of the fear of what people around them would say. In most cases, men tend to smoke and take drugs and are less involved in their physical activities. While women tend to stay isolated they don’t pay attention to there health, they stay quiet and this disturbs their eating and sleeping habits.
But whenever both partners take divorce, they must act strong and try to take good care of their health because what is done they can’t change it, but they could make a better present to have a better future.
Want to have a happier, healthier marriage?
If you feel disconnected or frustrated about the state of your marriage but want to avoid separation and/or divorce, the marriage.com course meant for married couples is an excellent resource to help you overcome the most challenging aspects of being married.