Sexy selfies are in, that’s for sure, they are not just in for the sake of sending to your romantic partner, but in as a form of self-expression, self-appreciation, self-discovery, and even self-care. But are you into taking selfies? If not are you missing out?
If you have ever tried to take a sexy selfie only for it to turn you off the thought of yourself ever taking a picture of yourself again, don’t give up. You’ve probably just aimed and shot without really considering ‘all the things’! When in fact most sexy selfies are carefully considered and posed, in other words, you don’t just wake up, fail to get dressed, shoot a perfect sexy selfie and move on. It takes some practice and foresight.
Here are some of the quick and easy tips and ideas we’ve found for how to take a top-notch sexy selfie without having to take ten weeks to learn how to do it well!
15 Quickfire top tips for perfect sexy selfies
- Don’t overthink the shot
- Play around with camera angles
- Don’t stop if your first shot is terrible
- Play around with the effect of lighting
- Add props
- Edit if you want to, don’t if you don’t want to
- Look directly at the camera and fantasize about something sexy, freeing or romantic
- Be confident and unapologetic
- Figure out poses that you feel are flattering (you don’t have to show off everything)
- Use your eyes and lips too (you don’t have to reveal everything to send a sexy selfie)
- Play around with makeup
- Distort or disembody the shot for extra intrigue (i.e., a distorted butt shot)
- You don’t have to take a sexy selfie for a partner. You can just take them for your pleasure and then perform the real pose in person
- Try using a grainy filter
- Take shots at different times of the day for example dawn, morning, evening, dusk, nighttime
For more inspiration here are some ideas for shots, props, location, and clothes to get you started with your first sexy selfie.
Take a good butt shot by twisting your upper body and getting your face in the picture too. Use a mirror if you need to.
Drape yourself over some cushions and allow some cleavage and the shape of your hips support your direct look into the camera.
Stand up or lie down, put your camera over your head and angle it down the rest of your body.
Sit in front of a mirror, in some fabulous underwear, straddle the mirror slightly and drape your hand casually over your leg, while covering your face with your camera as you take a rather moody but very sexy selfie.
- Standard selfie switch up
You can also use your standard selfie shot, but switch up the clothing and the glimmer in your eye.
Think about where you are going to take your sexy selfie. The background should be intentionally sexy. The obvious locations are bedrooms, beds and on soft fluffy blankets. Shower and bath shots also work well too.
However, if you want to take it up a notch why not take your sexy selfie in risky locations such as the beach, a park, the backyard, the forest – that’s sure to turn up the heat both for you and for whoever is about to be the lucky recipient of your shots.
Switching up the lingerie for your sexy selfie shoot can be all it needs to change the tone of a sexy selfie. For example, you might choose comfortable, cute underwear that doesn’t reveal anything but alludes to what is there. Or ditto the style but this time more revealing.
You can go for a burlesque or racy style, or just classic sexy, even a sexy black dress will do everything for your confidence. Anything goes, as long as you and the recipient of your shots will find it sexy and fun.
Props to consider
- Selfie sticks – Make your shots look on trend by ‘bootlegging’ them. Let the selfie stick be seen to capture more of the story and fantasy of you.
- Filters (or no filters) – Some people love filters, other say their day is done. We say do whatever you love the best since that’s what taking sexy selfies is all about.
- Lighting – Lighting is everything, play around with it, but here’s a photography tip to remember; phone camera’s still don’t respond too well in low lighting. It’s best to stick to natural light as much as possible if you are using your phone camera.
- Underwear – Anything goes, and everything will make the difference to a shot.
- Bondage Items – Want to spice up your sexy selfies, then use these as a prop and you’ll convey your message loud and clear!
- Suggestive or contrasting items to the scene – Maybe you are in a beautiful natural setting and you are dressed up to the nines in full bondage items. Maybe it’s dark, but you overexpose the shot. Maybe you are in a dark and sensual place, but you go all in for the ‘sexy innocent look.’ It’s time to get creative and find your inner goddess!
Want to have a happier, healthier marriage?
If you feel disconnected or frustrated about the state of your marriage but want to avoid separation and/or divorce, the marriage.com course meant for married couples is an excellent resource to help you overcome the most challenging aspects of being married.