How To: Create a Beautiful Wedding on a Budget
Today we’re excited to share some tips on how to create a beautiful wedding on a budget. Jodi Cohen and Sarah Lowy of Jowy Productions have been kind enough to suggest some tips on planning an awesome wedding and still being mindful of your money. They’ve created events for Oprah, the Grammys, as well as grand openings of high end hotels all over the world so you can be sure that they have refined tastes and valuable ideas.
Having an extraordinary, memorable wedding on a budget isn’t impossible. By using your imagination and a little ingenuity you can have the wedding of your dreamswithout breaking the bank. Here are some tips to help you save money whilestaying strong on style:
1. Hire a wedding planner!! They can help you stay on budget, negotiate greatdeals for you with vendors and will have great tips about how to create a platinumwedding on a silver budget.
2. Use flowers that are in season for centerpieces.
3. Votive candles are quite romantic and can be used along with or in place offlowers.
4. It’s all about the details! Some ideas are: order cute stirrers for your cocktails,paper cocktail napkins with your logo or names on it, frame nostalgic familyphotographs, photographs of the couple to accent escort card table.
5. Cake: keep design and frosting simple and decorate with real flowers.
6. Consider using a postcard RSVP to save on postage.
7. Hire a great DJ instead of a band.
8. Consider a destination wedding: hotel incentives, built in glamour of destination,all-inclusive deals and depending on your guests, not everyone may travel to yourwedding.
9. The altar can create great focal point. Utilize an existing structure on the property and personalize it to your liking.
10. Use the hotel’s tablecloths and bring in an accent linen (i.e. a rental overlay forcolor or texture is a nice touch).
11. Location: most locations will be less expensive on an off night (Friday or Sunday wedding) or during an off season (June – September is the sweet spot). You couldnab a fabulous location at a fraction of the price if you are willing to forgo a Saturdaynight soiree or being a June bride.