5 Summer Date Ideas
Tired of doing the same old thing every weekend or date night? Whether you’re in a relationship or marriage, it’s important to go on “dates” in order to re-connect, relax, and spend some time with your loved one. Summer is a great time to take advantage of the great weather, the sun, and hopefully a less busy schedule (although that doesn’t apply to everyone). So change it up! Are you constantly going out to eat or going to the movies? There’s nothing wrong with that, but take advantage of this beautiful weather with our 5 summer date tips:
1. Hit the trails, or walk on the beach- Not everyone lives near a beach, which always makes for a romantic setting to watch the sun set or stroll along the water. If you do, you better take advantage of it. Park your car, take off your shoes, and walk in the sand with your loved one. Try to get there before the sun sets so you can watch the sun go down together. If not, you may have a local trail near you. Check out Trail Link where you can locate trails nearest where you live. Getting away from it all will clear your heads and give you guys time to talk in a peaceful setting without anyone bothering you. Get in touch with nature and enjoy your surroundings, it will be a great experience for the two of you. If you’re extra adventurous, make it a camping trip…
2. Eat Outdoors- Now I know I said change it up if you’re always eating out. But some couples just love to eat out. If that’s the case…find a restaurant with an awesome patio. Enjoy the good weather, order a bottle of wine, have a nice dinner and sit there for hours. Reconnect with your significant other and enjoy the environment. If you’re looking for a great restaurant near you and want to hear what others think, check out Yelp for some tips and reviews of local restaurants.
3. Pack Up & Picnic- This is my personal favorite. Pack a light lunch or dinner and hit a park or beach near you. Bring some towels or something to sit on and enjoy a meal together. Perhaps some wine and cheese or some sandwiches and chips, whatever you decide to bring it’s the time that’s most important. Being together and enjoying a meal in new surroundings is relaxing, fun, and taking advantage of the outdoors. It’s super easy and inexpensive to do, so why not? If you’re looking for some recipes, check out Food Network and find some easy and “not too messy” recipes.
4. Go to an Outdoor Concert or Music Festival- This may be a little easier if you live in a big city. Here’s a list of top rated outdoor venues across the US for reference. You may find one that’s close enough for a road trip. If that’s the case, then even better! Find out where some of your favorite artists are playing this summer and grab tickets. Surprise your loved one with the tickets and make it a surprise date night, one which will always be remembered. There are also a lot of summer music festivals to go see, use Festival Finder to locate one near you.
5. Get Amused- Summer is a great time to spend the whole day at an amusement park. Whether it’s a “Disneyland” type of amusement park or simply mini golf and go karting (if you’re on a budget) it’s still fun to be outdoors in good weather doing something fun. Take the whole day during the weekend to take your time and enjoy the park together. We’re so busy nowadays it’s hard to find the time to go to an amusement park of all places, but if you commit a day to going and actually do it, you’ll realize how much fun it is. Bring out the inner child in both of you guys as you explore the venue and enjoy the thrill of new rides or new experiences together.
If you have more summer date tips feel free to Tweet them and mention @marriagedotcom to share with our community or feel free to post it up on Facebook too! We hope to hear some more awesome summer date ideas.